Monday, July 13, 2009

Kali's 1!!






Wow, how time flies! Kali had an awesome Luau birthday, with lots of family and friends. She was perfect! She was so good the whole night, and was such a sweet little guest of honor! Her favorite toy was an Elmo that g-pa got her, it talks and tells stories, she just loves it!

It is amazing how much I love this little girl! I wish everyone could know her like I do! She is amazing, fun and loving! We are having the most fun of our lives! Having children was fun too, but there's just something about having Grandchildren!!! Maybe it is the yearning I feel for her to come back after she has left. Aching to see her face as she gets so excited to see Grandpa or Uncle Trent. That excitement is impossible to put into words.



I still remember when my nieces and nephews were just turning 1. I miss that time too, there were so many good times. That is the reason I have my house filled with photos. I LOVE to remember those fun times, before we know it, this time will be gone.










I am thankful for my children and that they all live close, and I see them on a regular basis. I love that! This is what I have always dreamt of as they got older. I am thankful for my nieces and nephews and the sweet kids that they are. Wow, mom did a great job! Just to think because of her influence in our lives, we wouldn't be the people that we are today...which in turn makes our children who they are. We've got some GREAT kids!



"A mother discovers with great delight that one does not love one's children just because they are one's children, but because of the friendship formed while raising them." Unknown
"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only ONE mother in the whole world."- Kate Douglas Wiggin

My heart is filled with joy and love at this time in my life. We have so many blessings and I hope that I will remember to always stop and count them! You just never know what the future holds.

3 comments:

Love Lorri said...

Nicely said! She is beautiful!
love you sis!

Tinney Tribe! said...

oh my gosh sis!you really did say it nicely!you can tell how much you all love that baby girl! now Lor just needs to have a grandbaby! uhhmmm Arli???

Love Lorri said...

Yeah, dont encourage her! Actually, we secretly want a grandbaby soon, but we will wait a little longer! She has been married longer than we were before we got pregnant! hehe, and we keep telling her to wait! what hypocrites we are! LOL!!!